Welcome to St Mary's
Thank you for clicking onto St Marys Church website. A very warm welcome to you!
St Marys Parish Church is tucked behind the Town Council Building, close to the Old Bridge in Bideford. Due to its locality there is a danger it can be over looked! This website seeks to be our ‘Shop window’.
We offer a ‘mixed diet of Services and Events which we feel are relevant, interesting and uplifting. Hopefully when you scroll down these pages you will find that there is something you feel drawn to.
At the heart of who we are is Jesus, ‘who came to bring life in all its fullness’. (John 10:10) This is a life of freedom, joy, and loving service. I feel honoured to be the Team leader of St Marys Church and this Mission Community where our vision is to ‘seek first the Kingdom of God’ (Matthew 6:33)
Whatever brings you to St Marys; whoever you are and wherever you are on life’s journey… you are very welcome. Do come and ‘say hello!’
Reverend Claire Rose-Casemore (Team Rector)
Important update: Church buildings are now CLOSED due to the Corona Virus.
The Church Buildings are now closed in line with Government guidelines.
However you can access our YouTube channel by clicking the image below.
We will be regularly uploading content, prayers and short services so please keep checking the channel.
In practice, this means:
Because we are closed for public worship, for the moment, you cannot attend our normal weekday events and Sunday services.
Members of our ministry team will continue to maintain the daily rhythm of prayer in Bideford and the villages (Holy Trinity, Weare Giffard) in their homes.
If you would like us to pray for you do let us know on either 01237 475765 (Rev’d Claire) or 01237 239339 (Rev’d Marisa)
We are working on ways of sharing worship virtually (digitally). There will be a short Service every Sunday beginning on Mothering Sunday.
There will be activities and songs/bible stories for children during this time off school provided by Bekah Tanton- who leads Messy Church and Music Makers.
Revd Claire 01237 475765/Pastoral Care Co-ordinator Lorna Dorrinton 477117 and for the Villages Revd Marisa 01237 239339
If you are self-isolating or unwell, the following may be helpful…
And finally, a prayer about the Corona Virus outbreak
Keep us, good Lord,
under the shadow of your mercy
in this time of uncertainty and distress.
Sustain and support the anxious and fearful,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may rejoice in your comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Prayer for the day
“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
The 5 parishes of the Bideford and 4 parishes Mission Community (Bideford, Landcross, Littleham, Monkleigh and Weare Giffard) have adopted the House of Bishop's 'Promoting a Safer Church; Safeguarding Policy Statement'. Signed copies may be found on display at each of our churches.
If you are concerned about a child or vulnerable adult, please contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser Charles Pitman 01392 345909 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser Phillip Parker 01392 294969 email@example.com
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser James May 01392 345910 firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also report concerns to:
Concerns About Children
- Devon Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH): 0345 155 1071
- Plymouth Children’s Services: 01752 308600 (Out of hours: 01752 346784)
- Torbay Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH): 01803 208100
- NSPCC confidential helpline: 0800 389 5344
- Childline: 0800 11 11
Concerns About Adults
- Devon – Care Direct: 0345 155 1007
- Plymouth Adult Services: 01752 668000 (Out of hours: 01752 346984)
- Torbay Safeguarding Adults Team: 01803 219700
- Devon Domestic Abuse Service: 0345 155 1074
- Plymouth Domestic Abuse Service: 01752 252033
- Torbay Domestic Abuse Service: 01803 698869
- Devon & Torbay: 01392 204174
- National: 0808 802 9999
- Devon & Torbay: 01392 204174
- Immediate danger: 999
- Suspicious activity: 101
- For advice call The Modern Slavery Helpline on 08000 121 700 or The Salvation Army on 0800 303 8151
St. Mary's Bideford Safeguarding Officer: email@example.com